How to apply for short courses at Fircroft College
Before you make an application – checklist
- Choose which course or programme of courses you are interested in using the Fircroft course guide or website, or by discussing this with a member of staff at the college.
- Please ensure that the course is at the right level for you. You can see what level you’re currently working at by taking our initial assessment. We are now asking all new students to take an initial assessment – for some course areas (Functional Skills English and Maths, Skills for Further Study) you will not be accepted onto the course until you have done so. You can take an initial assessment online via the link above and receive your results instantly - make sure you make a note of your score and level. If you would prefer to complete paper copies of the assessment please contact us on 0121 472 0116 and we will send this to you - please note that there may be a delay in returning your results to you.
- Check if you are eligible for free courses. Unless you are eligible for free courses, most courses have a small fee attached and we cannot proceed with your application until we have received payment from you.
Making a short course application – step by step
- Complete and return our new application form. Make sure you tell us why you have chosen the right course(s) for you. You can get paper copies of the application form by contacting us, or you can download it as a pdf file - you can then print or complete the form using a PC/laptop or tablet and email it/send it back to us. Alternatively, you can apply online for nearly all short courses.by choosing your course, clicking the 'apply online' button and completing the questions.
- Have you completed your initial assessment? If you are a new student we need you to do this. See the application tick list above.
- Pay for your course (unless your course is free). We can now accept payment via card or online bank payment (to sort code 301914, account 02350096), as well as cash, cheque, paypal or postal order. Please make any payments to Fircroft College and include your name and course title(s) as a reference.
Please return your application to
Short Course Office
1018 Bristol Road
Tel: 0121 472 0116
We no longer require proof of benefit with your application - however you may be asked to present this at a later date during regular checks.
Please note: due to high demand, many of our short courses often fill up far in advance. If your first choice of date is full you may be offered a place on an alternative date or added to a waiting list until a place becomes available.
Please only apply for courses at Fircroft if you are sure you are able to attend. Thank you.