Short Courses at Fircroft College
Enrolling on short courses at Fircroft College can help you achieve your personal and career goals, improve your skills and confidence and fulfil your true potential.
What makes Fircroft different from most other colleges is that nearly all courses are residential. You will benefit from being immersed in a friendly and supportive adult learning environment, away from the stresses of everyday life. Class sizes are small, there is a high proportion of staff to learners and everyone has access to advice and guidance. Additional support needs can also be discussed on an individual basis. Most courses last just three days/two nights and are designed to fit a lot of learning into a short space of time.
Please only apply for courses at Fircroft if you are sure you are able to attend. Thank you.
Choose from the following subject areas:
- Action Planning - short courses to help you begin and plan your learning journey
- Digital Evenings - Come along to our digital evenings and improve your digital skills.
- Functional Skills English - giving you the essential English skills you need for life, work end education
- Functional Skills Maths -these courses make maths fun and enjoyable and give you the vital maths skills you need in everyday life
- Functional Skills ICT - basic computing skills including word processing, Internet, email, spreadsheets and more
- Personal and Social Development – improving your personal wellbeing, confidence and social skills, as well as your parenting skills
- Developing Social Awareness - a programme of short courses aimed at developing your awareness of social and cultural issues.
- Skills for Further Study - helping you to further develop your skills and progress to a higher level, such as Access to Higher Education
- Skills for Volunteering and Work (formerly Stepping Stones) - a programme of courses aimed at people wanting to work as a volunteer, support worker, mentor or counsellor
- Skills for Work - Covering many of the key skills you may need if you are seeking employment or looking to progress at work
- Bespoke Professional Training and Qualifications (non-residential) - including the ILM Award in Leadership & Management.