From time to time you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (name, telephone number, email address etc) so that you can access some of our website services such as prospectus requests, online applications or email updates. Whenever you provide such personal information, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy. Fircroft College will act in accordance with current legislation and we always aim to meet current internet best practice and we are totally committed to protecting personal information. The College has legal obligations towards the way we deal with personal data. In general, any information you provide to Fircroft College will only be used within the College. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
How will Fircroft College use the information you collect about me?
Fircroft College may use your information in the following ways:
- in relation to any correspondence with us. This will typically be via letter, email, telephone or social media
- or "service administration purposes" – e.g. we may contact you regarding online course applications you have made
- to accurately maintain our internal records and database
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this e.g. requesting literature or email updates
- to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by Fircroft College online and offline so that we can provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
How will Fircroft College contact me?
Fircroft College will only contact you about our work if you have agreed to be contacted, or you have not actively chosen to opt out of receiving further information. Where you have provided your postal address or email address we may send you direct mail about our work unless you have told us that you do not wish to receive it.
Will Fircroft College share your information?
Fircroft College will never sell your personal information, but on occasion we may need to disclose and allow access to your personal information to third parties:
- when carrying out administrative tasks related to the successful running of the college where we require assistance from a third party organisation, for example independent market research;
- in the event that we merge with another educational institution or other business, in which case we may disclose or transfer your personal information to them;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Fircroft College, our students or others; or
- if you have given us explicit consent to disclose or allow access to your personal information by any third parties.
We will keep your information confidential unless it is required or permitted by law - for example, we need to provide basic details when completing a gift aid audit of charitable donations, which occurs approximately once every five years. If we need to clarify any information or documentation we will do so in writing.
How long will Fircroft College keep my personal information, and can you update, correct, or delete my personal information?
We store your information on our database only for as long as it is necessary. We encourage you to get in touch if you would like to amend or update your contact details by calling 0121 472 0116.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences.
• Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, Google never associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.